Thursday, December 23, 2010

Last minute Christmas cards and ornament




It's been a crazy busy month and I have about lost my mind. I had to rush and put these 3 cards together for 3 awesome ladies at work who are always there for me. The only thing I did not get done last night was the mug I am doing for my bubba. I am just trying to use the MTC program and cut out the Texas Longhorns logo so I can etch it on the mug. I probably will have it done tomorrow. No more work until Monday anyway. Oh, so I cut the peppermint from the Simply Charmed cartridge and wrapped it in cellophane paper and tied ribbons on each end. I thought it turned out pretty neat. I remembered my sister in law gave me some metal aluminum sheets of every color. I cut them down with my scissors and not sure if I ruined my scissors by doing this. I guess I will find out. I embossed the blue sheet in my snowflake embossing folder by QuicKutz. Then I cut out the snowman from the Doodlecharms cartridge and I used my 3D effects to accent his nose. I thought he needed a hat so I cut out a santa hat from the Christmas Cheer cartridge. And for the Santa card, I embossed the green metal sheet with the divine swirl cuttlebug emobssing folder. I cut the santa head out from the Doodlecharms cartridge and I only flocked his mustache and the ball on this hat. Then I used 3D effects to accent his nose. WHEW did this wear me out. Then I just HAD to get an ornament done for my Stampin up girl Lisa and I could NOT make one right. I made the biggest mess and after the 2nd ornament, this is all I could do. I used Pledge floor shine and some red chunky craft glitter. I used my super sticky tape on the outside which are not perfect and used my Martha Steward fine silver glitter. Then I added some crystal rhinestones and some silver tinsel ribbon for a bow. I am SO happy the girls loved them today. I wished I could have done more. I was up until midnight and I got up at 4:30am today. I am so glad I made it through today. I am headed to my Dad's tomorrow to spend Christmas Eve with him. Then Christmas Day is at my house this year with my husbands family in the morning and then lunch and then dinner with my mom, my bubba & Mandy and my sister and nephew. My husband will be frying 2 turkeys. I can't wait to see all my family and a very blessed Christmas. I hope all of you out there has a wonderful and most fabulous Christmas. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...